Reinventing toolsets in working with nature.. In itself the materials present themselves in all stages.
The quest for capturing and preserving life is researched and tested.
Printing techniques for wallpapers and fabrics. Where disregarded and rejected flowers are plucked/collected
from the abundance of nature or markets. And before the whiter stamped into the materials with a hammer
and wooden blocks. In the rythm of blockprinting each flower illustrated an imprint.
Fixated with secret decoctions making the imprints lasting on the surfacing.
~Enkaustikos / = To heat or to burn
through beeswax castings /mouldings.
flower extraction tools
4 species dissected
a bouquet of flowers, flowerfabrics, traced ornament
flower press fabrics
the process ofbloom
casted rose bloom
traced flower pattern
fabrication of blossom
preserving form and essence lab
white lily chandelier
lily chandelier casted from various stages of lily's bloom
- the flowerlab/flowerreadings, ~ performative nature,cooking design in powercutted Bangalore 2018
- do not dissapear on me, installation on finding the queen, Walkin Studio Bangalore 2018
- sensuous scents at Design Trajectories in Temporary Art Centre, TAC Netherlands 2017
- Leftover love and Other Stories, Soloshow 13 works; Shaving Kit, Ectasy, cloud, forbidden fruit, mirror mirror, big appetite, it will last forever i promise, ten rose bushes , candle light, pillow talk, flowerbed, entrances, doormat. Lakeeren gallery, curated by Arshiya Lokhandwala ,Bombay India 2015
- In Bloom, witte dame/ Eindhoven, NL
- In Bloom, fabrics/wallpapers, Van Abbe Museum, selected for the materialprize Eindhoven/ NL 2012